Monday, May 30, 2011

My girl

I have three children who I am legally responsible for but I happen to have several more "adult children" who have joined my family over the years. I have learned that family is more than blood or adoption paperwork. Family is who ever you choose to be. On Saturday I had the honor of helping one of those adult children get in her wedding dress so she can marry her marine. If Saturday is a glimpse into what it will be like to dress Taylor or Jasmine for their big day, I'm done for. Kellie was so incredibly beautiful. Every time I saw her smile or laugh, my heart just melted. My girl was happy because on Saturday she married the marine of her dreams. I worked quietly behind the scenes to make her day perfect. I worked quietly because I didn't want to cry my eyes out.  The highlight of that day was when she turned to me and told me how she felt about our relationship. I couldn't love her more if she were my birth child. My girl was getting married and going back to California. My girl married her Marine and the tears I am crying right now are tears of joy.

14 comments:

  1. How sweet! Lovely photos and how wonderful to be there for your girl on such a special day! I'm sure you will both remember this day forever! Congratulations to Kellie and her Marine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the L! And your blog template is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the L as well! what a beautiful day you captured. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! What a wonderful story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful and touching words! Reminds me of this past weekend watching Kung Fu Panda. There is a similar theme in that movie.

    Congrats to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it and your lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. She's gorgeous, you both are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! Congratulations to you both!

    P.S. Sorry, I think I sent this comment to you as an email first. :) Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful captures of a special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet day! i am going to be a wreck at my daughters' weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These words are so sweet and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete